At home beauty is as important as it is in the salon. You can achieve a high standard of nail care and still get the same results as when visiting the salon. Here are 3 tips to achieving salon quality nails at home.
* First, clean your hands with warm soapy water and dry them thoroughly. Your aching hands will be ready for the salon if you have taken care of them beforehand. If you are nervous about being in front of an aching mani, do not worry. You can go into the salon with bruised nails but when you leave with better nails, you will feel better about yourself.
* Second, remove the first layer of polish. Your nails will be smoother if there is just a thin layer of polish on them. Polish tends to build up and if there is too much, it will wear away from the natural beauty. Use a clean cloth or a cotton bud to remove the excess.
* Third, buff your nails with a soft buffing pad or a cotton swab. Do not use brooms or abrasive tools because they will damage your aching nails. After buffing, follow up with an astringent to help close up broken nails and to keep your aching nails tender and healthy.
* Fourth, moisturize your hands. If you do not moisturize your hands, you can cause them to become dry. The best way to moisturize is not with just any kind of moisturizer but with a special type of oil. This is especially important for achieving salon quality nails because that special oil helps protect them from the wear and tear of daily life.
* Fifth, get a manicure. Some people think that pedicures are only for housewives and that they are not done properly enough. However, a good pedicure is as good as having nails professionally done because your nails will look better and feel softer. If you have a manicure done to achieve salon quality nails, you will notice that they use special tools to buff and shape your nails and to cut your nailicles. This helps to make sure that the shape is consistent and that you will have healthy nails for a longer time. It is the best way to make sure that your achieving salon quality nails are well taken care of.
* Sixth, buy good clippers. A professional achieving salon quality nails will always have good clippers that help you take out those extra long nails that you have. You need to know that your clippers will help you cut down on the bleeding. In some cases, the bleeding can be so bad that it actually hurts a bit when you are cutting your nail. You want to make sure that your clippers are sharp so that you don’t hurt yourself.
Finally, use your nails well. Although achieving salon quality nails will cost a bit more than the average manicure, you will definitely be glad with the results. Your nails will look great and your nails will feel great. Not only that, but you will not have to worry about anyone noticing that you have terrible looking nails because your nails were done at home. You will look and feel like a million dollars!
One of the best parts of having your manicure at home is that you can do as much or as little of the work as you want. If you think that you don’t have enough time to go to a salon, you can simply apply the gel yourself at home. You simply mix together two to four drops of the polish and apply it to your nails. Depending on what type of polish you are using, you might need to apply more than one drop. If you mess up and drop too much, just start over until you get it right!
These are just a few tips to achieving salon quality nails. Overall, having your nails done at a salon will cost you a bit more than if you went to a nail spa or salon. However, if you think about it in terms of how good you will feel when you look in the mirror and see how great your nails look, you will definitely find yourself liking going to a salon for your manicures. You will also be more impressed with how good your hands look with the polish because professional stylists can actually see the veins through your finger’s and mark them if they are crooked.
After you have applied your nails at home, wait a few hours before you go out. Nail polish remover usually does not last very long and will damage your nails if you use it on a cut or nicks. Also, it is important to practice proper hand techniques when you apply for your nails at home so you do not accidentally damage your nails or cut them when you use the product. Follow these simple tips to ensure that you get great results from each visit to the salon.